Friday, August 29, 2008

I realized.....

The first day of school this year was bittersweet.... It made me realize just how fast my adult life has gone. It seems just like yesterday I was starting my first day of school, well my first day of college really. When in reality it has been 20 years!! That's right - 20 years ago this past June, I graduated from high school. My how time flies.


When the first school bell sounded this year I realized......




Allie is not my little baby anymore. She is a big third grader and very independent. She likes to make her own lunch and pick out her own clothes. I can't say I always like her choices in clothes, but it does help out in the morning as it is very chaotic around here at 6:30 AM!





I realized.......



What a gifted young lady Emily has turned into. Although she is in 8th grade, she is definitely "13 going on 30" in every way. She seems to have made up her mind about becoming a vet and attending Texas A&M - Whoop! She is very good in math & science. Not sure where she gets that as neither her father or I liked either subject very much.



I realized.......



Amanda is almost grown! She is 16 and a junior in high school. In a little less than two years she will be old enough to vote, enter into a binding contract and move out of the house! She has started talking about studying for the SAT (something I should have done more of!! haha!) and visiting colleges. She is a very creative writer and is exploring options for a potential career.


I realized........


That even though I gave birth to these three girls, they are vastly different. Each special in their own unique way. Each with their own likes, dis-likes, desires, goals, thoughts, opinions. They are diverse - They are unique. No one in the world is EXACTLY like each of them. I see that as a wonderful thing. I hope in this day of peer pressure, fitting-in and the like - they realize just exactly how great it is to be unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment