Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hair Ties

Searching for hair ties is a daily event in my home. I see them everywhere – on the floor by the couch, next the fridge, on the bathroom counter… until I need one that is! When I need one, they are nowhere to be found. I turn this place upside down each morning when doing Allie’s hair hoping to find just one. I really need to look into buying stock in them because we use so many. I am not sure if David just finds them and helps them to the trash or if the manufacture has built in a self-destruction devise that gets activated once they hit the floor. Either way I find at least two packages of them in my Wal-Mart cart each month! Only two packages – not a big deal right? Well I did the math and it is a lot more than you think.
Two packages a month X 12 months X 18 years (which only includes the usage until Amanda is 18) = That is a lot of hair ties - 432 packs actually. At $3.99 a pack I will spend over $1700 on hair ties by the time Amanda turns 18! That does not even include the “special” ones I buy at Christmas with lace or sparkles. I can sure think of a lot better ways to spend $1700.

No comments:

Post a Comment