Friday, April 10, 2009

How does your garden grow?

Work has been absolutely insane since I came back from vacation!! I took a new role at Dell and I am working a ton of hours trying to ramp. The new role is global and I have a lot of late night, early morning calls with other regions around the world.

There has not been a lot of time for fun, but Allie and I managed to find some time to plant a garden at our new house. We went to Home Depot and found green, yellow & red bell pepper plants, potatoes sets and lot of seeds. Grand Ma & Grand Pa (Betty & Ed) brought us some tomato plants as well.

Allie and I spent one afternoon (between my pager going off & work e-mails) tilling and planting.

We ended up planting the following: Red, Yellow & Green bell peppers, Peas, Yellow & Summer squash, Okra, Radish, Cucumber, Gold potatoes and Strawberries. If we give it lots of attention and care we hope to have a great harvest to share with our friends later this summer.

Hope her thumb is greener than her mother's!

1 comment: