Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Scarlet "hand off"

Sunday afternoon, Erica, Grace and Carter brought Scarlet to live with us.


Erica made me this wonderful egg gathering apron to remind me of them each day when I gather eggs. I just love the egg material!

The drop off was going well until it was time to say goodbye - Grace didn't want to leave. Erica reassured her that Scarlet would have a wonderful home here, be very happy with the other chickens and that she could come visit her again soon.


As Erica quickly loaded the emotional Grace into the car, Allie and I found the sweetest little "Thank you" note I have ever received.



Don't worry Grace, we are taking super good care of Scarlet for you.



After just one day here, Scarlet is already having a ball with her new "big brothers and sisters."

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! Love the apron too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most loved chick ever...so glad Scarlet found a great home...she's a star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sharon,
    I can't tell you how happy I am to see pictues of Scarlett. Yes, I have tears in my eyes. Thank you!

    The pictures David took of Amanda are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete