Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ode to stuff....

Never did I think I would miss my “stuff” so much… After living out of a suitcase for over two months I REALLY do miss my stuff!


I miss (my back misses) MY huge, soft king sized bed the most!! Sleeping on the floor is not so bad, it is getting up off the floor that is the bad part!



We are making due with a few borrowed / recycled items….. David's brother is letting us use his grill. It is not quite what we are accustomed to, even though it is a Weber!




Using the box that our new sandwich maker came in as my bed side table...

The owners of the house gave us a gift card to buy some plants so the house would feel more like "home". I love the tree and pot that we picked out for the patio. Once we buy we can plant it in the ground and use the pot for another plant. Life without a dryer is an adjustment as well.... I can't forget to wash the girls school uniforms and then quickly throw them into the dryer... Do you know how long a wool skirt takes to line dry?

Our container hit Sydney on Friday… Anybody have any connections in the Australian Customs Dept that can help speed up that process? If not, then we will be lucky to have our “stuff” by the end of August!

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I finally can comment! I had to google how to fix my blogger so I could comment on international blogs. I'm so glad you are blogging and we can check in on you. Love the new place and can't wait to come visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you... I have had quite a few people say they are haivng issues posting... what was the fix? Can you e-mail it to me so I can tell send it out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the container is in the country and did not fall off the ship! I'll keep my fingers crossed for customs. BTW, like the Zen look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. End of August, coming up! We are keeping our fingers crossed and are thinking of you guys.

    ReplyDelete