Monday, November 17, 2008

Australia here we come!

My Mom, Emily & Allie took David & I to the airport Friday Afternoon. Unfortunately Amanda was not able to go as she has missed too much school as it is. The girls were fine until we started to go through security - Allie came unglued while Emily did a great job of holding back the tears.

Allie was so upset that Emily & my Mom had to drag her into the elevator.... It did not make the departure easy for David & I.






David & I at the LA airport bar - passing the time before wee board the plane.








The emotional departure from Austin, coupled with a 5 1/2 hour lay over in LA put us in a great mood for the 13 hours flight into Brisbane!!

Once we were on the plane things did not get much better. The plan was completely full - not an empty seat in sight. David & I were crammed into a middle & window seat with no room. The plane was delayed in taking off by 30 minutes and the video/movie system was broken!!!! We had not thought to bring our I-pods along because we always listen to the music on the plane.... not this time. The lack of entertainment gave us the opportunity to actually sleep a little this time though. David & I actually slept for about 5 hours, which is a lot more than normal!


Once we landed in Brisbane we were greeted at the airport by the "Anderson clan". Dawn, Sam, Jannene, Make, Abby & Ashley. It was a good thing as our luggage would not have fit into one car!

Hopefully the rest of our trip will be better then the start has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment