Wednesday, November 26, 2008

More rain....

We woke to the sound of rain today :(

Not a lot to do here in the rain… Luckily the unit we are staying in is nice a roomy, otherwise it would be quite cramped for the 8 of us.

We went to the RSL club (Retired Servicemen’s League) to meet Gordon & Lynn this afternoon. We had a few drinks, visited a little and waited for the free raffles to begin. At 6pm a buzzer sounded and we all stood for a moment of silence to remember & honor all who have served. Of course I thought of and said a little "thank you" to Dad.


It must have been my lucky day because Sam showed me how to play keno – I chose four numbers and he paid the $5 for 5 games. What do you know… we won $120 (split it 50 / 50)!!! Pretty good right? Well it got better…. When it was time for the raffles - I won a meat tray (4 T-Bone Steaks) and Sam won two chickens. All in all it was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment