Friday, December 12, 2008

Our trip home

We spent a few hours in LA on our way home. We rented a car and drove around to see a few sights. David took me to see the famous Venice Beach. It was nothing like I expected. There were guys working out which I expected, but it was very dirty and a little scary. I did not feel very safe walking down the street. There were a lot of panhandlers and homeless people sleeping all over the place. It was definitely and experience!

We drove up to Santa Monica and watched the sun set from the famous boardwalk. The carrousel and roller coaster were closed for the winter but the farris wheel was running. After a lot of begging I got David on for one ride with me! He is a big chicken ya know. I don’t think it was too bad for him though.

The next morning we headed to the airport for the final leg of our journey home. My Mom and the girls met us at the airport with flowers and the biggest hugs you have ever seen. They definitely missed us as much as we missed them!




1 comment:

  1. These are amazing pictures.

    The sunset picture is AWESOME, and the colors of the "pier picture" are so bright - almost unreal. :-)

    ReplyDelete