Sunday, December 13, 2009

Train ride to the North Pole

After three years of trying to get tickets I was finally successful in booking us on the North Pole Flyer. The key is to do it early!!!!! I booked us in August and that was ALMOST too late.



The North Pole Flyer is the train that leaves from Cedar Park and goes to the North Pole (Bertram really). If you are considering a ride I hear they will start selling the tickets in January this year. It is really worth the extra money to ride in the Executive Car (EC) . It is very intimate and cozy and you have complimentary drinks & snacks. If you spend the extra money for it and you won't be disappointed.

The conductor came by "punching" tickets....


We were visited by Santa & Mrs. Clause. We sang Christmas Carols and read "The North Pole Flyer" story. It was amazingly similar to the Polar Express! :)




We had some great family time that helped get us in the Christmas spirit.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure Amanda does not remember her trip on this train when she was about 9 months old. But I remember it -- I almost missed the train on the way back and had to run for it with the conductor helping me run! Or was he really dragging me along?

    ReplyDelete