Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Erica's "Operation Chicken Hatch"... exciting news!

I LOVE my chickens. I really do! They are very therapeutic to me. When I am stressed, I can sit and watch them scratching around for a few minutes and I feel much more at easy. Sort of smelling the roses I guess. So when a friend wanted to hatch a few chicks in her homemade incubator, I was very excited. Erica lives in town and can't keep the chicks so they will be coming to live with us a few days after they arrive.

Because our rooster actually turned out to be a hen (it stared laying eggs!). I sweet talked a neighbor out of three fertile eggs for Erica to hatch. The science of hatching eggs can be very complicated and I could not have hand picked anyone more diligent for the job if I had tried. Erica has done TONS of research and is updating the progress on her blog every few days.

Today, Erica has some great news just 8 days into the process. I won't spoil it for her by telling you, but I will let you read for yourself! Operation Chicken Hatch - day 8

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I can't wait to watch them hatch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, after reading this, I know you understand how I feel about my pumpkins. A few moments in my pumpkin patch and I'm a new woman. Mornings with my coffee in hand walking around in the pumpkins are like nothing else on earth.

    ReplyDelete