Friday, April 9, 2010

Some much needed, super dooper space for the girls

I have been bugging David to help me build a new chicken house for a few months now. I just wanted something a bit bigger than the chick box we built when the chickens were small. Now that the girls are laying they really need more space and some nice nesting boxes for their precious eggs.



As always, David has totally out done himself on this project. Not only is the new place super cute, but it has plenty of nesting boxes, roosting and storage space. In fact there is room for at least another 15 chickens! :)



As with ever project David does, appearance is as important as functionality. I think it is super cute!

Tender and Annie trying out their new roosting space


Tender checking out the new nesting boxes... Hopefully she will start to lay her eggs in them and not all over the yard like she does now.

Thank you so much for all your hard work David - I know the girls are going to love their new house as much as I do!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! David did an amazing job as usual. Can't wait to see it in person and get some fresh eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,
    The chicken house is beautiful! I have three little chicklets that will be so happy to call it home. Get yourself a rooster, girl. I want to hatch some of your blue eggs next : )

    ReplyDelete